ビニール トンネル ナイ オンド ガ トマト ノ セイイク チャッカ ニ オヨボス エイキョウ ニツイテ
Effects of Temperature in the "Vinyl Film Tunnel" on the Growth and Fruiting of Tomatoes
d0020005n015.pdf 1.13 MB
This study was carried out for the purpose of investigating the most favorable temperature in "Vinyl-Film Tunnel" for the growth and fruiting of tomatoes.
Using variety Hukuju No.2, we investigated the growth of plants, the amount of assimilation, the germination of pollen, the percentage of fruit set and the yield of fruits under the three different conditions of temperature in the "Vinyl-Film Tunnel", Control (Max 30℃), High Temperature (Max 30℃) and Excessive High Temperature (Min.40℃).
Our results were summerized as follows ;
1. Plants grown in High and Excessive High Temperature were inhibited the apical growth and after taking off the "Vinyl-Film Tunnel", several lateral shoots appeared and thier flowering period of the fifth cluster remarkably delayed, whereas in Control plants grew normally.
2. The amount of assimilation in High and Exvessive High Temperature were decreased as compared with that of Control.
3. Both in Control and High Temperature, 30 per cent of the pollen which were tested showed the ability of germination, whereas in Excessive High Temperature no pollen could germinate.
4. The percentage of fruit set was 74 percent in Control, 64 per-cent in High Temperature, but in Excessive High Temperature all flowers did not develop to fruits. However, the plants treated by "Tomatoton" showed the fruit set of 100 per cent regardless of temperature conditions.
5. The yield in Control was the highest, in High Temperature next, and in Excessive High Temperaturs was the lowest of all.
The Shimane Agricultural College
Departmental Bulletin Paper
Faculty of Life and Environmental Science